Air Victory Museum
Air Victory Museum
68 Stacy Haines Road,
Lumberton, New Jersey 08048
Phone: (609) 267-4488
The Air Victory Museum is an educational organization dedicated to inspiring today’s youth through the technology and achievements in aviation history.
The A-4D2N (A-4C) on display was built in El Segundo CA in 1959. It was delivered to the US Navy at Patuxent Naval Air Station in Maryland and was flight tested there on November 11, 1959. It remained at Pax River until March 22, 1961 when it was transferred to NAS Norfolk Virginia.
The Chance Vought A-7 series of aircraft were designed to replace the Douglas A-4E Skyhawk in Navy service as a carrier-borne attack aircraft. In May 1963, the Navy began a design competition for a light-attack, carrier-based aircraft. The new aircraft was to carry a larger ordnance payload than the Skyhawk and fly a greater combat radius. Vought, Douglas, Grumman, and North American responded to the Navy’s invitation to bid.
The F-4 on display was not origionally an F-4A. She started life as a pre-production F4H-1, as was upgraded to F-4A standard. Only 45 F-4As were built before production switched over to the F-4B. Most of the 45 F-4As built served in research and training roles, and very few ever reached squadron service as they were not considered fully operational. Aircraft from Block 3 onward served in the East Coat and West Coast Replacement Air Groups to train crews and to perfect operational techniques.
Grumman F-14 Tomcat was originally designed as the successor to the F-4 Phantom in the fleet defense roll. The only aircraft to deploy the Phoenix missile, the Tomcat was designed to destroy enemy aircraft at extreme range before they can be a threat to the carrier or her escorts.
The first swept-wing airplane in the U.S. fighter inventory, the F-86 scored consistent victories over Russian-built MiG fighters during the Korean War, accounting for a final ratio of 10-to-1. All 39 United Nations jet aces won their laurels in Sabres.
Our RH-53 was delivered to the US Navy on February 28, 1973 and was assigned to Narostrat training facility from May to November 1973. December, 1973. It was assigned to HM-12 Helicopter Mine Countermeasure at Norfolk Virginia Air Station.