Fargo Air Museum
1609 19th Avenue North
Fargo, North Dakota 58102
“Aviation is proof, that given the will, we have the
capacity to achieve the impossible.” Eddie Rickenbacker
The PT-13 was typical of the biplane primary trainer used during the late 1930s and WW 2. Whereas it was powered by a Lycoming engine, the same airplane with a Continental engine was designated the PT-17, and with a Jacobs engine, the PT-18. A later version which featured a cockpit canopy was designated the PT-27.
Perhaps best-known as the “Gooney Bird,” the DC-3 was the primary aircraft for transporting troops and equipment during WWII. DC-3s were used to tow the gliders and paratroops that were instrumental in the successful Allied invasion of France on D-Day. Visit Duggy at www.duggy.com
One of a long line of civilian light planes converted to military use (like the Taylor, Piper, and Stinson “Grasshoppers” of World War II fame), the Cessna L-19 “Bird Dog” observation and Forward Air Control aircraft traced its origins to the Cessna 170, a 4-place civilian light plane, with its military power upgraded from 145 to 213hp.
Originally known as the YO-57, the Taylorcraft L-2 came from the commercial Taylorcraft Model D, and was one of a series of light aircraft used in the observation and liaison mission during World War II.
The PT-19 began production in 1940 to be used as the US Army Air Corps’ primary trainer. More than 3,700 were built before 1942, when an engine change ended the PT-19’s run. Maj. Gen. (ret) owned by Bonanzaville and is on loan to the museum.
1609 19th Avenue North – Fargo, North Dakota 58102